The difference between a new entrepreneur and an experienced entrepreneur…when asked if I can interview them.
“What’s it pay?”,
“What’s in it for me?”,
“Can you supply the questions so I can look them over first?”,
“No, I don’t want to be interviewed!”,
“Why do you want to interview me?”,
“I don’t want to reveal my secrets.”,
“I don’t want my competition knowing about me yet”,
“I’m not ready for the influx of business an interview might bring me”,
“No, I get nervous being interviewed”
- The experienced entrepreneur knows that with each interview their circle of influence expands.
- They are trading time for the potential to increase their income.
- They don’t need to review questions first, because they know their business inside and out.
- They don’t care about the competition.
- They freely give of themselves and share knowledge to build trust with their audience.
You ready to be interviewed?