I can’t stand the term “Social Media Manager”.
There I said it.
The guy who has written many books on social media and creates social media content for his clients yet doesn’t like the term “Social Media Manager” or SMM for short. That’s right. Don’t like it.
Most of these so-called SMM’ers couldn’t create content to save their lives, don’t know the meaning of creating “theme days” and have no idea how to schedule such content. Oh and don’t get me started on the fact that most have no idea about human emotion, creating engagement or building relationships.
Myself I prefer the term “Authority Marketer” as what I do goes beyond the digital and helps transform my clients into the trusted authority they wish to be.
Building that authority is not just posting to social media…
It’s more than that…
(1) it’s creating content that your audience will engage with across multiple platforms.
(2) it’s about connecting with your audience
(3) it’s about being human and fallible
(4) it’s about trust
(5) it’s about believability
(6) it’s about being real and raw
(7) it’s about reaching out and saying “hi”
(8) it’s about mailing thank you cards
(9) it’s about you being seen as a trusted advisor not an outsider
(10) and it’s about effective websites, emails, videos, articles, books, podcasts and print advertising.
So do you wish to hire just a social media manager or do you want an authority marketer?